This summer, the city of Calgary is hosting mobile skateparks and competitions across the city. The skateboards are fee, and open to skateboards, inline skaters and scooters – for children of all ages.
What will you find at the skate parks? At the parks, you’ll find roll-ins, fun boxes with rails, pyramids with rails, grind boxes, quarter pipes, wall rides and half pipes.
Kids can come to the skate park, and practice or take part in the local competitions, all summer long. With twenty locations around Calgary, you’ll be able to check out a new pop up skate park experience, every week during the summer.
What should you know before visiting the mobile skatepark in Calgary?
- Skatepark hours vary and locations vary, daily. There are no mobile community skateparks on Mondays, but there are options available for pop-up play every other day of the week.
- Kids and teens using the skatepark must wear a helmet, and ensure it’s strapped, at all times.
- Knee pads, wrist pads and elbow pads are recommended for beginners.
- Ramps can only be used during open hours and you must have a completed waiver to use them. Waivers can be filled completed and brought along with you, to the mobile skatepark. Waivers can be downloaded at the link below. Parent/guardian signatures are required for participants under 18 years old. Waivers can be found below or at the mobile skatepark location. All ages welcome.
- Skate within your ability and respect others while in the park.
- Unacceptable behaviour and language will not be tolerated at the skatepark.
- Report all injuries to skatepark monitors.
Stay up to date with the community mobile skateparks at www.calgary.ca