We’re searching out the fun activities in Calgary for kids, so you don’t have to. With the warmer weather feeling closer than ever, we wanted to share some of the fun things to do outdoors (and indoors) through the month of March with kids in Calgary.
Here it goes – Here’s what to do in March with Kids:
1. The Calgary Maple festival des Sucres is an annual winter event since 2002, that celebrates the French Canadian culture, history and traditions. You will discover the French Canadian, Métis and aboriginal music and folkloric dances, enjoy a traditional meal, play some outdoor games with the entire family and take a hay wagon ride, not to forget the savoury Maple Taffy on Snow.
2. Spend a magical time at the Wowfest Magical Arts Festival
3. Stop by your local Michaels store and spend a half hour with the kids doing crafts, or leave them and browse the store in silence. It’s only $2, and the drop in classes take place every Saturday morning.
4. See a rendition of the Paper Bag Princess on stage. March 4-19, and tickets are affordable, $16/children and $21/adults.
5. Head to the Zoo and watch the Penguin Walk
6. Plan to visit the Kids and Co. Free Family Fun Day
7. Make a new tradition and try the mugs at 4Cats studios. You can hand make a mug with kids 6+ ($25/person)
8. Make a plan to check out the Discovery Room at the Glenbow
9. Sign up for the Easter Egg Hunt at Butterfield Acres
10. Check out the Family Playtime with a Play Ambassador at Vivo
11. Drop into Telus Spark and take part in Make Shelter in the Open Studio. Use hammers, drills, screws and saws to construct wooden castles, and even use sewing machines to explore how fabric can keep out the elements.
12. Try the Mars Bar Donut at Jelly Modern, the feature of the month.
13. Decorate eggs and take part in a giant chicken dance as part of the Spring Sparktacular at Telus Spark. Tickets: Adults $19.95, children $12.95.
14. Drop off the kids for a FREE hour long yoga/dance/movement class at the local Ivivva store before it opens on Sunday morning. Classes start at 10, and are drop in (most of the time). Contact your local Ivivva store for the schedule.
15. Sign up for the Little Bugs Club at Marlborough Mall to get free face painting with the kids on March 19. It’s a fun program with new activities every month.
16. Check out the first annual Lego Building contest
17. Free craft and storytime at AmazeArts
18. Have a firefighter obsessed kiddo? You can book a tour of your closest fire station
19. See a $2.99 movie on Saturday morning as part of Cineplex Family Favorites. Get there early for the best seats in the house.
20. Check out the BUGS feature film under the dome theater at Telus Spark
21. For parents of little ones, stop by the studio with your infant (under three months) and get a free footprint tile at Artopia
22. Have a kid that loves to draw? Take a Sunday, hour-long cartoon drawing class for $10
23. Plan to go to the St. Patrick’s Day Kids cooking party at PC Cooking School
24. Get half off of your family admission to the Calgary Aerospace Museum
25. Drop into the Crux for a $20 climbing lesson and session on Sunday afternoon